Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Lemon Herbed Salmon

I love fish! I grew up by the sea and fish was just a staple in our diet. I also grew up Catholic and we didn't eat meat on Friday during lent. But what's not to love about fish and chips? My husband, on the other hand grew up nowhere near the sea and didn't even try his first piece of fish until he was in his twenties. Needless to say, I wasn't cooking much fish early on in our relationship. Now he loves it just as much as I do!

For some reason Salmon was the one fish that I never got into until recently. Now I find it to be the easiest - and one of the most versatile - types of fish to cook. Here's an easy weeknight recipe for salmon that comes together and cleans up in no time. This is one of my favorite ways to prepare salmon because I usually have all of the ingredients in my pantry ready to go.

Lemon Herbed Salmon

.25 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 TBSP dried Basil
.5 TBSP dried Oregano
1 small lemon, juiced
Salt and fresh cracked pepper - to taste
1 pound fresh Salmon Fillet

Preheat over to 400.

Whisk together first five ingredients. Place salmon in plastic ziplock bag. Pour mixture over salmon and refrigerate for 30 min to marinade, turning once.

Transfer salmon and marinade to baking dish.

Bake for 20 minutes or until salmon flake with a fork.

No comments: