Thursday, December 4, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cookies




I found this recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies on allrecipes.com a few years ago. It's not my recipe, obviously, because someone else created it. But it is the cookie recipe that I make for my family. That's what this blog is all about; not just recording my original recipes, but those that are staples in our home.

I follow this recipe exactly as it's written and it never fails. The vanilla pudding is a great flavor addition. These cookies don't spread out a lot during baking so I usually give them a little pat before I put them in the oven. This way they bake up like discs rather than biscuits. The only change I do make is that I cut the recipe in half because the original recipe posted on allrecipes.com makes a lot of cookies. I've scaled it down here so that I never have to divide 4.5 cups of flour in half ever again.


Award Winning Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies

  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 cups butter, softened
  • 3/4 cups packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
  • 2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
  3. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I made these this weekend. This is huge for me because I've NEVER made good cookies. I suck at baking, but am on a mission for SOMETHING I can cook well. These cookies came out soft and WONDERFUL! Meg, you've changed my life!! ;-)

Meg said...

Awesome! I'm so glad you liked them. I suck at baking too Sara, don't feel bad. If I post any baked goods on here, chances are, it's an easy no fail recipe.